Challenger Chat Room

Home Forums SSoD Challenges Fitter, Faster, Stronger 2017 Challenger Chat Room

Tagged: 

The forum ‘Fitter, Faster, Stronger 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 88 reply threads
  • Author
      Cat
      Keymaster

This is where you guys can chat with each other, comment on workouts, talk about how it’s going, post pictures of your workouts, etc.  Have fun!!!

Is this right?

Cat
        Keymaster

Sure is!

Keeping track of my calories on my fitness pal. It looks like at the most before adding workout calories, I’m only hitting about 1100 calories. What would you suggest?  Could I add more coffee creamer in the am:)). That’s what I’m missing sooooo badly.

Cat
        Keymaster

Hi Suzanne.  Yes, to coffee creamer.   Max 1 tbsp and 2 cups of coffee per day.  Without knowing more about you I can’t give specific calorie suggestions, but eat till you’re full.  Just stick to the menu though.  Hey, for future nutrition questions add them to the Topic on nutrition so all that go there can see.  We’re just getting this figured out, but this Topic is for the Challengers (you guys not me per say) to chat so I might not see them if questions are posted here. Thanks sis!

Doe Kittay
      Participant

I am excited about this challenge!  I did Hell Week and between that week and this challenge, I really feel on track with workouts.  Love that we have a board to chat on!!!

Suzanne, just a thought.. I use full fat coconut milk in my coffee… good for you and really yummy!

Cat
      Keymaster

Michelle T said… Day 3 of FFS for me. Monday was a double day for me. Tomorrow is my second double day were I do cardio and strength training. I am loving this challenge and I thank Cat and Crew for this forum. I am putting a lot of sweat in my Equity and I am loving the results.

Will do!  Trying to figure this out🙃  Thank you Doe for your advise.

Jackie Moore
      Participant

So happy to have found SSOD.  For several years, I incorporated stationary biking as the regular cardio piece of my workout at a local gym.  I always loved it.  Wore a monitor. Often did interval programs.  Have been slack for the last few years and without a regular fitness routine in my life.  As the pounds added and years passed, I lamented my shape of years gone by and knew I needed to find that “thing” again that I really enjoyed. My workouts just hadn’t been regular/often enough to get to any consistently good shape.

My husband gave me a stationary bike for Christmas (lifecycle gx). I started with the intro Youtube class and I joined SSOD shortly after. I figured joining this group would help me stay on task in these early weeks and give me the chance to figure out which instructors and classes I like best.  Mere is an early favorite!

I’m trying to get used to the lingo different instructors use–and what it means for me.  My bike has levels (1-19)…does that equate to gears? I’m thinking– not really.  If they say “you should be at 70%,” does that mean of what I think my max effort is–or 70% resistance. When they say this is a jog vs a walk vs a run, do I just use their cadence as a guide or what I think equates to my walking , jogging, running pace…. I know it will all come in time as I spend more time spinning.  Or maybe there’s an “instructor lingo conversion for dummies” report somewhere.  😉 It’s been a great start.

I did screw up my first two check-in comments as “FFP” rather than “FFS.”  Please count them. I’ll get it right from here.

Thanks Cat and Mere.

Jackie~Richmond, VA

Cat
        Keymaster

Hey Lady!

Yes, the 1-19 are YOUR gears, but you have to think of it in terms of perceived exertion when we say 7 out of 10, that means like 70% maximum effort.  Who knows what gear that might mean for you.  It depends on the speed we’re at too.  A 7 out of 10 going 90RPMs is NOT gonna be the same gear if we ask you to only go 65RPMs.  Make sense?

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Hey Jackie…you’ll get to know all of us too 🙂 We do use some slightly different terms, but you’ll see a trend once you get used to it.  I know for me personally, I’ll tell you 7/10 for a moderate hill climb.  Maybe on a flat I might say keep your Heart Rate at your 80-85% of your max.  So different things we are talking about.  Just keep up with it and it’ll all make sense soon 🙂

Jackie Moore
          Participant

Not sure this will post as a reply where I expect but…thanks Cat and Mere for your replies.  Can tell I’m dialing it in w/each class. Love trying new instructors.  I really started at ground zero so muscle strength not there yet–but getting better. Feeling great. Sleeping well. Overall health and energy is way up.

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

I don’t know if my posts are showing but FFS with Mike Strong Ride

Cat
        Keymaster

Your post showed Mike!  This is our chat board.  Make sure you also comment on any classes (directly on the class detail page) for any classes you take in the 4 weeks!

Doe Kittay
      Participant

30 min sculpt with Miriam dated Sept 22nd is an awesome workout!  You will feel like you worked out an hour and the stretch is amazing!!!

Cat
        Keymaster

I know. It’s so good right!

Jason
      Participant

Monday I did the Calorie Crusher straight up with Cat.  Tuesday I did the Body Changer spin sculpt, also with Cat.  Loved both of them, except on the curtsy lunges with weights I had a hard time keeping my balance.

Cat
        Keymaster

A lot of people struggle with those so don’t feel badly, but DO keep trying.  Something that really helps is keeping your eyes on one spot on the floor.  It’s all about using your core to stabilize so keep that bad boy engaged as well.   And don’t feel badly putting the weights down to focus on your form.  Quality over quantity right!

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Good Day to all… Today was cardio and strength training.. I had a blast doing both. I am finding that my stamina has increased 100% and I could do three or more classes in one day. I think I am going to start taking pole fitness again after I finish my SSOD workouts…

Cat
        Keymaster

Love your energy Michelle.  Pole classes huh?  Nice!

Michelle(T) Bonsu
          Participant

Yes, I love doing pole fitness.. it makes you realize how much you use your upper body to pull yourself up that pole lol

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Today was a much needed rest day for me… I am going to pick my weights back up in the morning.. I think I will do one of Cat’s small group training class and maybe some trx… I find when I do a lot of classes with weights I feel accomplished. Does anyone else feel this way?

Jason
      Participant

My third spin of the week was the Loop to Lean spin core with Mere.  Awesome!

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Awesome Jason!  Way to get 3 in already….I think at least one more is in your future this week 🙂

Suzanne Morrison
          Participant

I did that class today. Great workout! Made it one of my favorites.

Michelle(T) Bonsu
        Participant

That class was awesome and tough. I had to stop and move my two year old over a couple of inches from me. I did not realize he was in the splash zone and was getting soaked by all the sweat that was flying while doing that class lol.. He said mommy mommy I am wet lol

Heather Robinson
      Participant

I was feeling pretty bad and tired for a few days but I’m starting to feel.better again. I think just adjusting to this nutrition plan and coming off a week in FL on vacation. Heading up north michigan to our cabin rest days:)

Cat
        Keymaster

That’s actually pretty standard, but it should not last long.  Make sure you’re getting in your greens to keep your system going if you know what I mean, and feel free to adjust portions to work for you.   You got this!

Alice Walker
      Participant

Hi everyone I thought I posted yesterday. But don’t see it, this one is a test.

Cat
        Keymaster

Hi Alice.  This one shows!

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

Sorry I guess I didn’t post my workout very well the other day I did the Strong Ride by Mike the other day now trying to decide what to do Saturday before work.

Cat
        Keymaster

Hey Roxie.  You don’t have to post them here if you don’t want to.  But you do need to comment on the classes you take on the class page where you play the class from in order to get credit when it’s raffle time.  We love to see them here too though!

Meg
      Participant

Much needed motivation to get back on track after the holidays!  Nice to have a little feel of home here in India.  We can do it team!  🙂

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Wow Meg…all the way from India!  Welcome 🙂

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Good Morning SSOD family, I just finished my morning workout classes. My plan was to do one of Cat’s small group training, however life happened and I had to do a 30 min spin class followed by some yoga. I feel so relaxed and ready to start my Saturday filled with dance classes, basketball practice and pee-wee soccer for the baby. I hope and pray everyone has a blessed and sweaty day…

Cat
        Keymaster

That sounds like it was the perfect choice Michelle!

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

Trying to figure out how to post this weeks workouts not intuitive

Cat
        Keymaster

Nice lady!

Alice Walker
      Participant

Okay so this week, Spin Core December 18, 2016 with the on and only Cat Kom,..so glad I purchased all access, then 30 Minute Strength & Stamina February 11, 2016 with Brian (decided to give the legs a break), today on of my favorites StraightUp Spin: Hills & Drills! June 29, 2014. Now off to DSW for shoes, reward for me. (shower first)

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Well I’m sure everyone in DSW appreciated that shower first 🙂 Great first week, keep it up!

Tiffany
      Participant

I’ve been sick most of the week and have one gotten in one workout. I’m feeling a bit better today so I’ll need to get a workout in today and tomorrow to meet the goal of three. I’ll need to select from the low intensity menu.

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Tiffany…all good!  Illnesses happen, what matters is how you come back after.  Stay at that low intensity and get better.

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

I did the recovery ride with Mike this morning before work because I knew I would be rocking a one year old this afternoon

Heather Wilcox
      Participant

Got in a whole mess of speed spins this week on top of some good strength training.  Also did Cat’s killer 30 minuted Tabata today plus another bootcamp workout to hit 60 mintues.  Love all the great options!

Cat
        Keymaster

Those are awesome.  That was a tough Tabata class!

Nichole Costin
      Participant

Loving this challenge. Silly question- do the weeks go from Mon-Sun or Sun-Sat?

Cat
        Keymaster

Fair question!  Mon-Sun. That way you can shop Sunday.  🙂

Cat
      Keymaster

TRAVEL FRIENDLY WORKOUTS.

In case you did not know we had this category, now you do.  Click the link below to see all of our Travel Friendly Workout.

http://bitcotprod.studiosweatondemand.com/classes/feature/travel-friendly/

I’m having problems with the chat forum. Am I the only one?

Cat
        Keymaster

Hi Suzanne. This is our first time using it so I’m not surprised.  It’s our test run.  What problems are you having?

Jessica Janek
      Participant

OK so week one is nearly over and so far I’ve managed to get in three workouts. I’m planning to do another one today and that will be 4. I’m loving this challenge so far but I’ve also decided to challenge myself to lay off the alcohol for the 4 weeks. This is where I’m struggling a bit. I’m not a big drinker in that I limit it to just the weekends; but it’s the weekend here in Oz and it’s hot! Any tips to help me get through?

Cat
        Keymaster

That’s awesome Jess of Oz. 🙂  You’ll feel better with little or no booze.  And killing the workouts!

Cat
      Keymaster

Today is shopping and prep day.  Set yourself up for success for week 2!  I believe in you!

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

Mere W.  Spin core

Terry Connor
      Participant

My wife and I have been on demand for just under a year without posting comments , Hell week really motivated us and set us off on one !! The FFS Monrh has continued to inspire us in week 1, we’ve completed 4 classes and stuck to the meal plan which has resulted in me losing 5lbs and Marie 3lbs. Feeling amazingly good just trying o avoid temptations, especially when the kids munch everything we can’t have around us!!!!!

For some good inspiring recipes we recommend the Helmsley sisters.

A massive big thank you to all at studio sweat, you manage to keep us going even after a hard day at work.

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Terry and Marie…welcome!  Time to start making comments, I swear we are a friendly bunch 🙂  Glad to hear you are sticking to it and getting those workouts in.  Yes the temptation is so hard, especially with all the kids food around.  Do your best to help them out and get them eating healthier like you too!  They will appreciate that later in life.

Following the eating plan and losing weight. Today I went for some of those cookie bites😳  Ate a whole dang serving of 9. Anyway, I guess there’s tomorrow. Love this challenge!

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Hey Suzanne…mistakes happen.  Big key is getting back on track immediately!  It’s not about saying oh tomorrow…it’s ok that happened let’s get back to eating right right now.  We are here for ya and know you’ve got this!

Jessica Janek
      Participant

Hey fellow challengers. Question about intensity. I have been spinning regularly for about 2 years now and I find that I don’t get that sore anymore unless I do a weight training style workout. My heartrate is always in the right zone and I can feel the next day that I’ve worked out but I don’t get the “oh my gosh I’m really sore” feeling anymore. Am i working out hard enough?

Cat
        Keymaster

I’m sure you are!  I’m the same way.  I feel fatigue in the legs from Spinning sometimes, but not soreness.  But, it’s still doing you worlds of good.   I promise you that!  BUT… that’s also where the Spin Sculpt classes come in.  Make sure you’re hitting those. There is a reason they are our most popular in studio class.  I also suggest you try mixing up the trainers you take class from.  Like, I get more fatigued from Mike’s classes than any others, but that’s because his style is so different than mine.  Hope that helps!

Jessica Janek
          Participant

Thanks heaps Cat, good tip to try different trainers. I definitely don’t get enough spin and sculpt classes in that’s for sure. I’ll aim to do at least 2 in this 2nd week and see if I notice a difference.

Doe Kittay
      Participant

I did the Loop to Lean ride with Mere W today.. killer spin and core workout!  I am so happy I am back to feeling like I can do an hour SSOD class without dying!  Thanks so much for this challenge.

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Glad you are getting back at it Doe!  Soon that hour class will be feeling easy…oh wait like that ever happens 😉

Thank you Mere for your response. Did great with everything else. Just the pesky cookies!  I don’t even like cookies!!!  Grrrrr

Mere W.
        Keymaster

I’m jealous you don’t like cookies…that’s my weakness!  I love cookies, the only good thing is I really only like homemade ones.  Just keep at it and take it one meal at a time!

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Really enjoyed my “free” day on Saturday! I did not get my workout in today as I wanted so I will add on a day at the end. Looking forward to try these new workouts! Any suggestions out there…I am looking to shed some pounds as well as tone up, so I added more strength training,but then noticed a few pounds on. I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but I didnt add that much more strength training than I usually do maybe an extra day. So I use the bsp,is it better to put it as tone up or lose weight? I thought I had it worked out but I guess not!

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Heather – glad you enjoyed the free day!  So were those few extra pounds over the holidays?  That’s a typical trend and sticking with this diet should help you drop those few you might have gained.  You can switch your BSP to tone up or lose weight for a while then go back to adding strength, but remember not to focus to much on the scale!  Factor in how your clothes are feeling…are they a little too tight then go with tone up or lose weight, then if they are a little loser go back to strength.

Heather Robinson
          Participant

Thanks Mere! I know the scale is bad, lol! I usually don’t weigh my self and go with measurements or how my clothes fit, which they’ve been fine, but the damn foot doctor insisted on weighing me last week. Hahah! It got in my head.  Yes the holidays probably didn’t help I tried my hardest but the more I tried the more I fixated…hate that!

Julie Varga
      Participant

Week 1 is in the books and I am down 5.2lbs.  I just wish I could run with that victory instead of looking at the 100+ I still have to lose.  I am just trying to take this 1 day at  time and hope I reach that goal.  This is the the fist month I have done SSOD even though I have had it since Oct. and am really liking it.  Hope there are more challenges in the future to give me the extra kick in the butt I need!

Suzanne Morrison
        Participant

Just take it one workout at a time. We are in this together. Focus on the 5lbs lost. Picture a 5lb bag of sugar or flour.  It’s not insignificant!

Suanne

Jessica Janek
        Participant

I totally agree. You’re here, you’re doing something. You’ve actually already done the hardest thing and that’s decide to make a change. The weight you’ve lost already is awesome; 5lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Your SSOD family has got your back! Keep moving everyday and one day you’ll look back and think “wow what was I worried about? I got this in the bag”

Cat
        Keymaster

Hi Julie-  The other 2 are on point.  We’ve had people lose over 100 pounds as sisters and brothers here at SSoD.  You will be among them.  AND…. keep it off.  I will personally come kick you butt if you do all the hard work to get there then backslide, so it ain’t happenin’.  Hear me?  Commit to one day at a time.  Make sure you have a good support system.  That’s so important right.  And, I really want to stress based on what i’ve seen that when you have weeks where you don’t see a drop in weight, and you will, to not give up.  It’s discouraging, but it’s also par for the game.  Just keep doing what works most weeks and you’ll be there in no time.  Go take a class with our trainer Olga.  She lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off.  Added motivation right there.  She just had a baby so we’ll get new classes with her soon.  Anyway, keep on keepin’ on, and we’ll lead the way with your workouts.  XO.  Cat

Heather Robinson
      Participant

I can’t figure out how to post a screen shot, but I did Brooke’s spin and stretch this am. Tough spin and great stretch in the end.perfect to start my week!

Cat
        Keymaster

Hi Heather.  It’s the far right icon that looks like a pic of a mountain and sun when you’re typing.  See that?

Julie Varga
      Participant

Thanks, Suzanne!

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Happy Tuesday SSOD Family, today was a double day for me

I did Brooke’s spin stretch andBrian’s new bootcamp class. Amazing, fun yet tough for both. Cat I am trying to upload some pictures and my myzone graph, but I am not able to.

Cat
        Keymaster

That’s a fun workout Michelle!  What’s happening when you try to add pics?  You’re clicking the top right icon to add them right?  LMK so we can see your pics!

Michelle(T) Bonsu
          Participant

well when I try to upload a photo or  the myzone graph the imagine is very big. What size should the photo and the myzone graphs be?

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Did Brian’s spin sculpt from the BSP this morning, whew!!!! those man/woman makers at the end were a killer, but in a good way. I have done that workout before, but couldn’t remember the end. I may have pushed it out of my memory, haha! Already feeling it for sure. I always enjoy Brian’s classes, he keeps it real and I enjoy his comic relief 🙂

Cat
        Keymaster

I agree on every account!  Ha.

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Good evening everyone, today was a very exhausting day for me but I pushed through it and I got it done.. I am going to stretch get some protein and start back up again tomorrow. Happy spinning and sweating to you all

Cat
        Keymaster

Sounds like a perfect plan Michelle.  Way to take care of you!

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Happy Friday, I am totally spent after I finished Cat’s and Bethany rock spin core class. I have been waiting, and waiting for  these two. Boy oh boy it was worth the wait, I think I got up to 240 MEPS for this one.

Cat
        Keymaster

That’s a lot of MEPs!  Thanks for rockin’ out with us.  Memories.  Ha.

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Cat
        Keymaster

So… you pushed it?  Ha!  NICE Mich!

Cat
        Keymaster

So… you pushed it?  Ha!  NICE Mich!

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Fridays workout!

Cat
        Keymaster

That’s an awesome workout Heather.  Glad to be a part of it.

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Friday I did Elli’S speed spin AND Brian’s new bootcamp! Whoa! What a workout! Yesterday I did Cat and Bethany’s tag team spin core….loved all these workouts. Cat well done on the Playlist for that spin core loved every song and will definitely do that one again.

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Cat
        Keymaster

How are you alive after this?  Ha!  What class was it?

Heather Robinson
          Participant

Cat, I was barely alive, lol! this was Elli’s speed spin and Brian’s new bootcamp. It was a great combo, but I almost  vomited several times.

Alice Walker
            Participant

Heather what is the title of Brian’s new class, think I will give the legs a rest.  I think I going to try the 2012 challenge, all my spin class will be the ones Cat taught in 2012.  The updated version “You will be sore” was AWESOME!!!  Did it twice (every other day) Gracias Cat!!

Heather Robinson
            Participant

Hi Alice…it’s Brian’s brand new bootcamp class just released. It’s like 34 min long and it’s a good one:)

Heather Wilcox
      Participant

5 workouts for week 2.  Both new releases done!  Different format and focus, both killer.  Got in Rebecca’s Bootcamp and a few favorite speed spins. My rest day was spent at the Women’s March on D.C. with my 16 year old daughter.  Sending love (and a lot of sweat) out into the world.  Ready to rock week 3!

Heather W

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Way to get in 5 workouts!  And of course thanks for all the positivity 🙂

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Michelle(T) Bonsu
        Participant

What a great day to spend your day of rest.. I applaud you  and your daughter  for marching. We out in Chicago doing the same🤗

Heather Robinson
        Participant

I know it was a good one right??

Mere W.
        Keymaster

I see a lotta red in there…oh wait that class was full of sprints 😉

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Cat
        Keymaster

That must have been one good Spin Sculpt class!  😉  PS-  Did you get an email saying I replied?

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

I am on week three of this challenge hard to believe it’s going by so fast. I did a wonderful workout with Brooke this morning.

Mere W.
        Keymaster

I couldn’t agree more with you Roxie!  I can’t believe we are on Week 3 already.  Keep at it lady!

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Week 3 and feeling great! Missed my morning workout during to soreness, however I’m going to try to get it in at lunch time. 😊

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Halima’strength new s&S trx! Great solid workout!

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

I did a Speed spin by Bethany this morning and apparently its one of my favorites I noticed I did it last week.

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Favorites are a good thing!  Then you can see how you’ve progressed.  You know you can mark videos as Favorites, right?  There’s a red add to favorites button to the right of the video player…just in case you haven’t noticed that 🙂

Terry Connor
      Participant

Hey gang ! Coming to the end of week 3 and still going strong ! Eating well and enjoying the workouts with even more enthusiasm, I must say that although we have taken on board  the different foods to be eaten as well as the ones we can’t eat , we haven’t used the meal planner but have enjoying creating our own recipes , for example cauliflower rice , courgetti spaghetti and celeriac mash all are great with fish lean meats .

It is working so well for us that I have lost 11 lbs and Marie 7lb , I will add I was 253.4 lbs , and Marie … I’m to much of a gentleman to reveal !! But she’s looking mighty fine 😍 , this in 2 weeks , third weigh in tomorrow morning ( 29.1.17 )

loving everything about this challenge and SSoD ! We have just bought 2 TRX systems to take us to another level , OMG we started with the basic workout with Cat ….. after 2 days we still can’t walk , bend or move our arms properly 😆 Still no pain no gain !

If I may be so bold to ask our friends from across the water about low fat / full fat foods ? There is new evidence over here that suggests eating / drinking full fat dairy actually aids weight loss as apposed to the low fat versions, the reason is that the full fat dairy products keep you fuller for longer and also break down differently from other fats ! We,d love to here your opinions from the US !

Love and respect as always

Cat
        Keymaster

Wow Terry & Marie-  That is fantastic!

There is so much debate on that subject isn’t there.  For me it’s all about balance.  I have switched away from non-fat dairy as a choice.  I do however just get a smaller portion and of low-fat, not non-fat when it comes to my latte.  Same with my coffee creamer.  I use regular half and half, but only 1 tsp.  That way the calories are still low, but I’m using the whole product.  Does that make sense?  Again, that my choice, but let’s see what others have to say.

Jessica Janek
        Participant

I agree with Cat, it’s all about balance. The issue with some low fat options is that they are high in sugar, take low fat yoghurt for instance; nearly twice the sugar as regular yoghurt. I buy plain Greek yoghurt and then I add my own fruit. It’s summer here down under so the berries are in season and in winter I buy frozen, just as good.

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

Loving this challenge. Just can’t seem to get in the habit of commenting here.

Cat
        Keymaster

We all need to, but not bad for our first try.

Cat
      Keymaster

Final week here we come!!!  Hey Guys & Gals, I just wanted to encourage you to almost Hell Week this last week.  I challenge you to get in 5 workout days and make one a double day!  You don’t have to of course, you just have to get in your 3 at a minimum, BUT… I think it’d be fun to see how many of you take on a Hell Week for this last week.  And if you can’t do 6 workouts, how many can you do?  What is possible?  Love to hear about it.  When it’s over it’ll feel like heaven. 🙂  GO TEAM GO!

Julie Varga
        Participant

I accept that challenge, Cat!

Heather Robinson
        Participant

I can definitely get in 5 days…I do struggle with the double day workout but I will do my best!

Julie Varga
          Participant

You’ve got this Heather!! ☺

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

I thought I posted this morning but I don’t see it so yesterday I did Cat’s Killer 20 HiiT workout then Mike’s Recovery Ride good combination.

Cat
        Keymaster

I bet that felt great Roxie!

Jessica Janek
      Participant

Week 3! Argh I only got 2 workouts in this week. I’ve had the week off, been busy renovating our house, up and down ladders, painting. So yeah still physically active just not the traditional workout

Cat
        Keymaster

That is active.  Sometimes those random things make you more sore than a good ol’ sweat drenched workout.  Cracks me up.  Back at it this week!

Nichole Costin
      Participant

I haven’t posted on here for awhile. The last 2 weeks I’ve had sick kids and many sleepless nights. I was able to get the workouts in. This week I’m going to get back on my schedule that I was on before all the sickness started. I’m hoping to do my double day today. I did a spin this morning, and tonight hopefully will be a lifting one.

I have loved this challenge and can’t wait to see what other challenges come.

Cat
        Keymaster

Way to get back in the saddle lady.  So much gunk going around knocking people out.  I had it last week. No fun.  Slay this last week!

Michelle(T) Bonsu
      Participant

Ok so cyclist down lol. I have been really sick for the past few days and today is the first day that I am able to hold my head up longer then 5 minutes before needed to lay down. I am feeling stronger and I am hoping and wishing that I can get back on my bike tomorrow. Fingers crossed next time you hear from me I will be uploading my workout results. Happy Tuesday everyone…

Heather Robinson
        Participant

Feel better soon!!

Cat
        Keymaster

Feel better Michelle!

Alice Walker
        Participant

Michelle, I hope you feel back to your self soon.  I will check in tomorrow to see which workout you conquered.

Liz
      Participant

This has been a good structured challenge. I like having to complete at least three workouts per week for four weeks. It keeps me motivated. I have been exploring all kinds of workouts off the bike as well. SSoD has been great for me!

Alice Walker
        Participant

Liz, I could not agree more.  I am not a self starter when it comes to exercise, so I love getting emails with everyone’s post or replies keeps me motivated as well.  Here’s to all of us trying to be the best US we can be!

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

Did workout #3 week#4 FFS

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

I did Bethany’s Release The Beast sprin workout this morning it was a toughie.

Alice Walker
      Participant

So, loved this class…30 Minute Bootcamp January 15, 2017 and I never thought weight training was for me.  Who knew? I agree I am loving this challenge.

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

I started working out with studio sweat on a regular basis I. September. Purchased my “My Zone” monitor in October for the Drive to 25 challenge. I have lost 22lbs so far! Down to a size 8 from a size 12. The challenges and My Zone are great motivators. Keep the challenges coming!

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

Week 4 workout #2 Bethany’s new spin workout an it was a great workout. I love her teaching style and she really knows how to work you.

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

Hoping to get my double workout in tomorrow. FFS #4 week #4 done today.

Heather Robinson
      Participant

I did Brookes spin sculpt with the optional TRX today from BSP. I recently got TRX so thought ok i got this, well owie!!! I need some work on that. It really is using your muscles in a different way. I think I may have to do some yoga tonight as this week in particular i am very tight and sore. especially in my neck and upper back.  even though this challenge is coming to an end, I like to think it is just the beginning and i will continue on with everything I have learned these past 4 weeks!

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Heather – way to go!  Yeah Brooke is a killer on TRX 🙂  I still remember my first class I ever took with her, my core was sore for a week!  Try to foam roll those muscles to if you have a foam roller.  Keep working on the TRX, you’ll definitely see your strength improve as well as just getting more accustomed to it!

Terry Connor
      Participant

week 4 of FFS MONTH , HELL WEEEEEEEK ! Bring it on ! Loving it 😍

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

fFS week #4 workout # 5

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

My core and knees were killing me today after yesterday’s workout

Jessica Janek
      Participant

Just wanted say loving the new locks Cat! Foxy 😉

Alice Walker
      Participant

I thought I post about how great this class was and no TRX equipment needed…..Total Body Sculpt January 26, 2017 with Halima under Strength & Stamina

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

I did Brooke’s Ride and Renew this morning for my third workout this week.

Alice Walker
      Participant

Guys, Bethany’s StraightUp Spin January 31, 2017 is a great workout.  I think my waist is a bit slimmer.  Heart-rate was up.  You’ve got to try it.

Terry Connor
      Participant

Hi Cat and Mere,

now we’re coming to the end of FFS month, I reckon it’s about time you gave us one of your multiple trainer classes with everyone. We regularly do the 7 trainers, every single one of you has a unique trading approach and personality and are a total inspiration to us.

Come on Cat LETS DO THIS 💦💪🏻💦💪🏻

Nichole Costin
      Participant

Did the Straight up spin: Slim Down Sprints. It gets me every time. I’ve enjoyed this challenge. I’m sad to see that its coming to an end.

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

FFS workout 4 with Brooke’s November 12th 2015 good way to end this challenge so happy I completed it.

Jenni Olson
      Participant

Thanks for a great challenge everyone!

Terry Connor
      Participant

Hi Cat / Mere

we wear Fitbits as our training aids , what is your valued opinion on calorie burn ? There are 3 seperate heart rate zones ( fat burn , cardio and peak ) obviously doing a SSoD spin we are never in fat burn but alway in mostly peak , but there is so much gumf about do this for fat burn that for a healthy heart so on !

I understand HIIT TRAINING is the best out there , could you please settle a few differences over here please

love and respect

Terry & Marie

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Terry & Marie,

I could talk to you for hours, probably days, on this HR training stuff…fat burning zone, etc. there’s just so much info on it!  First, I also wear a Fitbit and overall I think it is decent for counting calories.  I know it doesn’t record my HR anywhere near as good as my actual HR monitor.  My Fitbit rarely registers over 140 and I’m often in the 160s during my class.  That’s probably my biggest complaint about it.  However, if it’s what you’ve got then make the most of it!  I’ll try to make this concise, in the fat burning zone you’ll burn more calories of fat, however it’s going to take you a lot longer to burn those calories then if you were to keep your HR in the 80-80% range for a shorter amount of time.  As for HIIT, yes it’s great but it’s easy to over do it too.  I don’t like to recommend more then 3 to absolute max of 5 HIIT trainings a week.  Based on your results from the challenge, I’d say you two are both doing excellent.  I’m not 100% sure of what type of classes you two are doing, but make sure to add some strength & sculpt classes in there.  The muscle building or maintaining is vital!

-Mere

Terry Connor
      Participant

H Cat / Mere

we have  just finished our last workout of FFS MONTH ! over the last year Marie and myself have enjoyed spinning a couple times a week, but we made a conscious effort to improve our lifestyles , over the last 5 weeks we had HELL WEEK and now FFS MONTH , I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you ! You all have amazing personalities which us normal folk can relate too , you all inspire poeple do to do that bit more !

we have spent 1000,s on gym membership over the years , but honestly you guys at SSoD are amazing ! The online classes fit our hectic lifestyle , the kids think we are going through a midlife crisis, but end up dancing around us to your great music choices, this month has been especially inspiring not only for the extra incentive to workout more, but also making us aware eating habits.

The kids are commenting on how different we look !!!!!!! I have lost 15 lbs and Marie 9 lbs which is pure insane ! Without dieting and just EATING HEALTHY ,

we are doing our bit in the west of England to let everyone who comments to take a look at Studio Sweat !

congratulations to all sweaters out there xx hope you enjoyed it as much as us x

Finally we have amazing feelings of love and respect for you all  , can’t wait for the next challenges!!

Terry , Marie

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Terry & Marie,

That is amazing!  I’m not talking just about the weight loss, I’m talking about how much you seem to have changed your lifestyle.  It’s great to hear your kids are dancing around, hopefully they are learning some healthy habits and how important exercise is, as well as some healthy eating habits too.  Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, it truly warms my heart and definitely motivates me to keep pushing you!

-Mere W

Cat
        Keymaster

Cheers to an amazing accomplishment AND to many more years together!

You’re both truly inspirations to me, other SSoDers, your children, and all those people you’re telling about Studio SWEAT onDemand.  Thank you!

Would it be okay if we shared this post online to inspire your SSoD Family?

With respect and gratitude,

~Cat

Jessica Janek
      Participant

OK so didn’t quite manage to get hell week done, I only got in 4 workouts this week but I did manage a double day so that was good. Anyhoo, this challenge has been awesome and I’m going to carry on with the routine I’ve established. Thanks Cat and Mere this has been lots of fun!

Mere W.
        Keymaster

That’s music to my ears!  Love to hear you are going to continue on with the routine the challenge helped you establish.  Way to go Jessica 🙂 Thanks for being a part of it!

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Thanks Cat and Mere for this challenge and being there for support. I’ve gotten more support from you than I did at the gym I used to go to. I am so thankful for you and this studio 🙂

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Thank you Heather for joining us!  Way to start the year off right…now it’s about staying consistent for the remaining 48 weeks, but you’ve got this!

Cat
          Keymaster

I SHOULD get notified when you reply to this comment. 🙂

Mere W.
            Keymaster

Replying to this one too!

Cat
      Keymaster

Congratulations to all of those that finished the Fitter, Faster, Stronger 4 week Challenge yesterday! I’m getting reports in that it motivated challengers so much that they do indeed feel FITTER FASTER STRONGER to start 2017. AND… as a bonus things like 14 pound drops, and decreased resting heart rates, longer durations on the bike, and more were a bonus side effect.

For all those that finished and did their 3 or more SSoD classes per week for the last 4 weeks will be entered into a drawing for very special prizes. Watch for winners to be announced Friday.

CONGRATS CHALLENGERS!

Doe Kittay
      Participant

Thanks for the great challenge.  The best thing is that I am back to doing at least 3 SSOD workouts every week! I appreciate you Cat and Mere W!!

Terry Connor
      Participant

Hey Cat !

yes of coarse ! It’s our pleasure to spread the word about SSOD ! if there’s anything we can say or do this side of the water please ask !

Many thanks again for everything and the kind words from yourself and Mere

Terry

Cat
        Keymaster

Hi Terry-  We’re doing some more testing on the Community Forum.  Can you tell me if you got an email telling you I made this comment?

Terry Connor
      Participant

Hey Cat !

yes of coarse !

It’s our pleasure to spread the word about SSOD ! if there’s anything we can say or do this side of the water please ask ! Many thanks again for everything and the kind words from yourself and Mere

Terry

Roxie Toburen
      Participant

Since this Challenge ended I gabe been horrible wirh wotking out I guess I need someone ti ge account able to.

Suzanne Morrison
      Participant

Up for the Hell week challenge for week #4 of FFS! Hope I can do it!

Heather Robinson
      Participant

we can do it!!! and we will continue to after the challenge 🙂

Mere W.
      Keymaster

You’ve got it Suzanne!

Cat
      Keymaster

Hi Mere-  When you reply to this comment I should NOT get notified.  So can you email me on the side to tell me when you reply to this. Thanks!

Mere W.
      Keymaster

I’m replying!

Mere W.
      Keymaster

I’m replying!

Viewing 88 reply threads