Let's Get Started

Home Forums SSoD Challenges 14 Day Memorial Day Motivator Let's Get Started

The topic ‘Let's Get Started’ is closed to new replies.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Audra
      Keymaster

Hey MM2017 Challengers! Are you ready to rock this challenge?!?! It’s me, AJ, and this is the first challenge I’m heading up, so I expect a lot from ya! Here is what you need to know to meet the challenge requirements and get entered in the raffle for that awesome prize:
      A pair of TRX straps!

Challenge Need to Knows

The Workouts
      • You must complete 3 or More SSoD Workouts per week
      • Classes Must Be 25 Min or Longer
      • At least 1 of the 3 Must Include Sculpting (Spin Sculpt, 30 Min Sculpt, Boot Camp, TRX, Yoga, etc). For those with injuries you can take the workout, but modify to not aggravate your injury. There are plenty of classes to choose from where no extra equipment is needed.
      • You must “Comment” on the Class when you’re done. This is done from the screen where you play your class video. If you don’t comment, we don’t know you did it! Begin each comment with “MM2017”
      • You must do at least 1 On Your Own Workout per week. It can be anything you deem a workout. Hiking, Biking, a Workout at your local gym, swim. Whatever! Then you must post what you did on our group page.
      • You must do at least 2 or More Minute Stretch Sessions per week that are 10 minutes or longer. You can do this on your own, or follow one of the many SSoD stretch videos. Then you must post on our group page when you did one!

Nutrition
      • Please get the MyFitnessPal (MFP) app on your phone or computer right away and start to play with it so you know how to use it. In order to get credit for a “passing week” you need to log every single thing you put into your pie hole for at least 3 days each week for the next 2 weeks. If you do, and you get in all your workouts between May 13 & May 26 you’ll get your name dropped into the WINNER’S RAFFLE because you’ll be a major winner.
      • Go to Calorie Calculator enter your info to get your suggested calories. Next go to: Nutrient Calculator, enter your suggested calories, then select the option that says “Zone Diet” to get your suggested macro-nutrient suggestions. Enter the suggested calories and macro-nutrient suggestions as goals in the MFP app.
      • So you might be asking why only 3 days? Well, I want to make sure you know where you’re at in general with your day to day eating, but I don’t want you to feel obsessive or overwhelmed. Can you log every day, yep, absolutely. If that helps you, then that’s cool. The idea here is to practice healthy habits and to become conscious of your day to day needs and choices, whether you’re logging every day or not.
      • Some of you might not be used to getting the amount of protein suggested. If that’s the case, ease your way up a little each day. Don’t go from consuming 50g per day to 150g per day overnight! Your system is NOT going to like that, and you may experience, let’s just say, “issues”. Also, keep your fiber up. That’ll help. Now keep in mind that the suggested numbers do not take into consideration your specific muscle mass, which impacts your resting metabolic rate (RMR) so it’s not a perfect science, but it’s an educated best guesstimate.
      • Each week you need to post a pic/screenshot of your best nutrition day on our group page. At the end if you’re picked as a raffle winner you’ll be asked to show us all 3 days.

~Cat, AJ & Crew

Kelly Tapkan
      Participant

Hi AJ,  i’m looking forward to the challenge. However I don’t have access to the Facebook group. I sent Mere W an email.  Do we need to have the premium version of MyFitness Pal?  I I can’t seem to change my settings over to the zone.  Also,  other than monitoring calories to stick to targeted calories and macros, is there any other component to the nutrition part of the challenge?

Audra
        Keymaster

Sorry for the confusion Kelly! Here are the steps:

MFP Questions:
        1. You do not need to upgrade, you can use the FREE MFP!
        2. To change your Calories, go to:
        – More (bottom right)
        -> Goals
        -> Nutrition Goals
        ->Calorie & Macronutrient Goals
        -> Adjust your Calories, carbs, protein, fat by clicking & changing to: 30% protein, 30% fat & 40% carbs

3. Also if you enter your workouts it’ll tell you that you have more calories left then you do, so IGNORE that! You’ve already factored your workouts in with the calorie calculator you used. Bottom line watch the total calories you’ve consumed and try to hit those macro #’s!

Let me know if you have more questions and good luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread