Nutrition Plan Q&A

Home Forums SSoD Challenges Fitter, Faster, Stronger 2017 Nutrition Plan Q&A

The forum ‘Fitter, Faster, Stronger 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Cat
      Keymaster

Hey Hey Guys. It’s Cat!  See the Challenge Details if you need to get another copy of the menus.  They are attached there.  If you have any questions SPECIFICALLY FOR CAT about the Nutrition Portion of this challenge post them below! If you have questions or topics the group can chat about please post those in the Challenger Chat Zone. Thanks!

Tami McGarry
      Participant

Beaming it up this week!  So next week the 30clean begins.  Suggestions for doing both the FFS diet+30clean?

Cat
        Keymaster

Hey Teresa-  My suggestion is that you do the “Cheaters” version of the clean.  Do you know about that?  If not, please check it out on their page!

Tami McGarry
      Participant

Beaning, not beaming!  Eating my beans

Alice Walker
      Participant

Interesting question Teresa about the 30 clean, don’t think I can handle more than two challenges at a time,,,FFS and one at work.

Question, what is the reason for having breakfast within an hour of wakening.

Cat
        Keymaster

According to the National Weight Control Registry, 78 percent of successful dieters report eating breakfast every day. The ideal time for breakfast is within an hour of waking. You are much more likely to over eat later in the day if you don’t have something within the first hours of daily activity. Eating breakfast can even help improve mood and cognition.

Mandy Reese
      Participant

Super Interesting about eating breakfast within an hour of waking up. I’m bad about waiting until I’m starving and cranky after several cups of coffee and no food all morning. With this nutrition plan it does help remind me to eat. But learned something new about waking and eating! Thanks Cat! Great info!!!

Ready for my cheat day tomorrow. Planning on a full hour of cycling. Is there a calorie limit?  I’m thinking about fettuccini alfredo and drinking my coffee with more cream. I also saved me a donut😳  I e worked really hard this week and need to lose about 15 pounds. I don’t want to undo anything I’ve done.

Michelle(T) Bonsu
        Participant

I hear you about looking forward to those I like to call them my I earned it day..lol. have you  tried making your alfredo sauce with cauliflower instead of using all that heavy flour and cream… look up a recipe on line and see how you feel about it.. this way you can still indulge and stay on pace for your weight loss goals

Cat
        Keymaster

Hi Suzanne.  No calorie limit for future reference.  You’ll see that consuming too many is not appealing though!  If you stick to the plan the rest of the week your body just doesn’t really want more than a little extra treat on FFD!  Did you find that?

Thanks Michelle!  Great idea. I have a pasta maker that makes super yummy alfredo. I can still make that for my family I guess;)

Michelle! Looked up a recipie that looks awesome!   Never thought of making the sauce with cauliflower👍🏼 Thanks again!!!

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Thanks Michelle for the Cauliflower idea!  Suzanne…we aren’t pushing the calories, just remember eat till you feel full and STOP!  Don’t stuff yourself.

Michelle(T) Bonsu
        Participant

Not a problem, I never thought that cauliflower was such a versatile vegetable, but it truly is.. I hope your cheat day is great… in the words of Tony the tiger lol

rebecca campobasso
      Participant

Hello Cat. The menu plans are perfect. I was out of town for three days and only able to get 2 workouts in b4 leaving. I managed to follow the menu. when I returned home, I am down 5 pounds. did a lot of walking while gone. but I do believe it is the eating that pushed the weight loss. putting the right amounts of clean eating in the body sure did help. thank you

Cat
        Keymaster

That’s awesome Rebecca!  You can do a workout on the road too btw! We have a whole section on travel friendly workouts so you should still get all 3 in this week!  Still one day left!  Here’s the link:  http://bitcotprod.studiosweatondemand.com/classes/feature/travel-friendly/

Thank you Cat for the response regarding my cheat day. Just saw your message:). My cheat was some Korean BBQ sauce on some cauliflower rice, a half a banana and 2 oz of whole milk. Yesterday did real well and then devoured a serving of some mini nut butter cookies with my kids but everything else was on track. Trying really hard to stay with the eating program because I think that’s where my problem lies. I have been working out steadily for a year and cannot lose my 10 to 15 pounds I want. I see more muscle than before but I really want to see fat start melting. It get frustrating!  I do however enjoy the food on this meal plan and it is easy to follow. Thank you

Cat
        Keymaster

You are so welcome!  Hey, can you do me a favor and hit reply just above and to the right of where you are reading this.  I want to see if I get an email notification.  I should.  Did you when I replied to your comment?

When I hit reply to a certain post it will go to the blank page but it will not let me write. I have to go to the top and create a whole new post. I have not been receiving any notifications.

Mere W.
        Keymaster

Hey Suzanne…so I’ve been having that same problem!  We are working on figuring out the solution.  I have been using Chrome to reply and read the board.  Try Chrome out and see if that fixes it for you.

Heather Robinson
      Participant

I enjoyed my cheat day. I never really allow myself to have one, but I can totally see the benefit of it. This way I don’t feel deprived and I know it’s coming so I’m not craving something all the time. So far diet coke has been my weakness i dontbeven have it that often. Besides water and lemon water what are some other things that are good to drink? I’m not a coffee drinker and I don’t really care for ice tea.

Cat
        Keymaster

How about Crystal Light.  Milk is great too!  And occasionally soda water with a squeeze of lime and a splash of cranberry juice is awesome!

Heather Robinson
          Participant

I like crystal light. I just thought it was off the table due to artificial sweeteners (??) thanks for the suggestions!!!

Julie Varga
      Participant

Would any oil based light salad dressing be good.  Getting bored of the Light Italian. 🙁

Alice Walker
        Participant

I use OPA greek yogurt salad dressing ranch.  I check to see which one has the least amount of sugar and carbs with the greatest amount of protein.

Question for Cat, why are carrots off the list?  I wanted to make a soup.

Cat
        Keymaster

I prefer if you just use oil and vinegar to be honest.  It tastes so light and fresh.  Try it!

Heather Robinson
          Participant

what ratio of oil and vinegar do you recommend? what kind of vinegar, balsamic, red wine or another kind?

Cat
            Keymaster

Hey lady.  Lots of options depending on your mood.  I usually personally just use like a cap full of olive oil and splash of red wine vinegar or balsamic, plus a little pepper.  Also a little olive oil with a squeeze of lemon is refreshing!  Oh, that’s generally for like a 2 cups of greens sized salad. Hope that helps!

Heather Robinson
            Participant

Yes it does…thank u!

Heather Robinson
      Participant

What are some good swaps for turkey bacon? I don’t like it. I don’t like any bacon and i tried turkey bacon again last year when I did the 30 clean and I just can’t do it.

Mere W.
        Keymaster

You can sub it out with another lean protein you might have on hand.  I like to add chicken or lean ground beef into an egg & egg white scramble…of course along with some spinach, peppers and whatever veggies are in my fridge.

Heather Robinson
          Participant

Thank u! I only eat chicken and turkey so it’s hard sometimes to get it in with variety.

Heather Robinson
      Participant

Looking forward to this week and putting all the menus together for variety. Definitely something I will keep doing with little tweaks here and there. Loving the idea of a reward day….it really takes the pressure off me because I know myou day is coming to eat a treat if I choose:) Thank u for this challenge!

Cat
        Keymaster

You are so welcome Heather!  You’re slayin’ this challenge!

Viewing 14 reply threads